TERMS OF TRADING - OCTOPUS PRINTERS AND STATIONERS
1. We issue our price lists and accept orders based on the following conditions. This issue replaces all previous terms and conditions:
2. We reserve the right to charge at the price applicable at the time of invoice.
3. Payment terms are net, 28 days from the date of invoice. We would point out that the supply of goods may be withheld if the account is overdue.
4. Free local delivery service in most TR10 and TR11 postcodes, minimum order of £15, if below this amount a £1 charge may apply. If outside this area we send a carrier when carriage is charged at cost.
5. Orders less than £15.00 (excluding VAT) may be subject to a delivery/administration charge usually not exceeding £1.00.
6. Where, at the customer’s request, we forward orders by a method that would incur us extra costs than the normal method of carriage then the difference will be charged to the customer.
7. VAT will be charged at the statutory rate at the time of invoicing.
8. Claims for pilferage, shortage or damaged goods should be made by 10am the following day either by fax or telephone call quoting the delivery note number.
9. Orders are processed in order of receipt and despatched as soon as possible.
10. We prefer orders to be sent quoting product codes.
11. Our deliveries normally commence around 11.30am and should be completed by 3pm. If you require an order urgently please advise when ordering.
12. A handling charge of 15% will be applied to any returns (our errors and omissions excepted).
13. If a cheque payment is returned by your Bank for any reason, a charge of £10.00 is made to cover Bank charges and administration charges.
14. If goods are no longer required we must be advised within 7 days of delivery or collection provided the product is still current at the time of return, the product isstill in its full packaging and remains in a saleable condition.
15. In some circumstances we will accept goods back after 7 days of receipt but a credit will only follow when the goods are sold on to another customer.
16. Electronic office machines cannot be accepted as returns unless clearly faulty or supplied incorrectly.
17. Goods may only be returned to us for credit after completion of a returns note.
18. All goods remain the property of Octopus until payment is made in full.
19. We reserve the right to charge interest on an overdue account.
20. Any purchaser placing an order with Octopus shall be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions.